When you enroll in a Medicare Advantage (Part C) plan through Optima Medicare, you gain access to a wide range of extra benefits. Plans include benefits such as:
Preventive and Comprehensive Dental Coverage
Both preventive and comprehensive dental services are available with your Optima Medicare plan. Plus, you will have access to our quality dental network. Coverage includes:
- Preventive dental: $0 copay includes cleaning and fluoride every 6 months, oral exam every 12 months, 2 bitewing X-rays every 12 months, 1 full-mouth X-ray every 36 months.
- Comprehensive dental: fillings, crowns, extractions, implants, bridges, and dentures, depending on your plan.
Your Optima Medicare plan includes vision coverage.
- $0 copay for a routine exam once every 12 months.
- Allowance for glasses (lenses and frames) and/or contacts.
Optima Medicare makes it easy to take care of your hearing needs.
- $0 copay for a routine hearing exam every 12 months.
- Fitting and evaluation for hearing aids; maximum of 3 per 12 months.
- One set of hearing aids every 12 months.
Over-the-Counter (OTC) Products
Your Optima Medicare plan can help keep more money in your pocket when you take advantage of your over-the-counter quarterly allowance.
- Purchase approved OTC products from the catalog by phone or online.
- Allowance every 3 months.
- Allowance does not carry over to the next quarter.
Telehealth—Virtual Doctor Visits
Optima Medicare provides you with the flexibility of accessing high-quality care from anywhere, at any time. Appointments with a board-certified doctor, counselor, or psychiatrist are available.
- Appointments are available 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Have a secure appointment over the phone or use video chat from a computer or mobile device.
- Doctors can diagnose, treat, and write prescriptions for routine medical conditions.
24/7 Nurse Advice Line
- Nurse Advice Line is operational 24 hours a day.
- Staffed by professional nurses, providing advice and education.
Optima Medicare cares about helping you live an active lifestyle. That is why your extra benefits include SilverSneakers™. You will have free access to:
- SilverSneakers LIVE™ classes and workshops taught by instructors trained in senior fitness. SilverSneakers LIVE™ offers virtual classes and workshops via Zoom at no additional cost to members.
- 200+ workout videos in the SilverSneakers On-Demand™ online library.
- SilverSneakers GO™ mobile app with digital workout programs.
- Thousands of locations nationwide, online fitness, and nutrition tips.
Optima Medicare helps make sure you have a way to get to your medical appointments.
- Free one-way rides up to your plan’s trip limit.
- Receive routine medical transportation to plan-approved, health-related locations, such as doctor appointments.
Depending on your plan, non-medical transportation*1 offers members trips to churches, grocery stores, community events, senior centers, and more.
*1: Members with chronic condition(s) that meet certain criteria may be eligible for this special supplemental benefit.
Members will receive a grocery card*2 benefit to use towards a variety of brand-name and generic healthy food products, depending on the plan.
- Members can shop in Harris Teeter, Kroger, Rite Aid, Walgreens, and Walmart.
- You can also order grocery items from NationsBenefits® by phone, online, or mail. There is no additional cost for delivery.
*2: Members with chronic condition(s) that meet certain criteria may be eligible for this special supplemental benefit.
Chiropractic adjustments may help relieve back pain and increase movement.
- Coverage varies by plan.
- Medicare-covered chiropractic service is included.
Receive meals delivered to your home when you return from a hospital stay.
- Two meals per day for 28 days.
- Prior authorization is required.
A variety of wellness programs to help you reach our health goals are a part of your Optima Medicare plan.
- Wellness education on a variety of topics.
- Health self-management training.
In-home Support Services
Depending on your plan, members with activities of daily living and basic care needs can receive in-home, non-medical care with certain plans.
- $0 copay.
- Up to 20 hours per post-inpatient discharge, with a maximum of 60 hours, are covered every 12 months.
- Prior authorization is required.
Benefits vary by plan. Enter your ZIP code to see complete list of benefits.