Prescription Home Delivery
Home delivery is a convenient and cost-effective way for you to order supplies of medication you regularly take, as well as specialty medication, for delivery to your home, office, or location of your choosing.
Home Delivery of Maintenance or Long-Term Medications
Home delivery allows you to order up to a 90-day supply of maintenance or long-term medication for delivery. You can minimize trips to the pharmacy and save money on your prescriptions. Home delivery of prescription drugs is typically used for maintenance medications that help treat chronic, long-term health conditions including:
- High Blood Pressure
- Thyroid Disease
New Home Delivery Users
Ask your doctor to send an electronic prescription to OptumRx.
Visit optumrx.com or use the OptumRx® app. From there, you can fill new prescriptions, transfer others to home delivery and more.
Call the toll-free number on your member ID card to speak to a customer service advocate.
Once OptumRx receives your complete order for a new prescription, your medication should arrive within seven business days. Completed refill orders should arrive in about four business days.
Refills for Maintenance or Long-Term Medications
You can refill your maintenance or long-term medications through one of the following processes:
- Complete Online
- Sign in to your member portal on optimahealth.com. Note – If you have not previously registered on optimahealth.com, complete the Member Registration process online.
- Once registered, sign in and select "Pharmacy Resources", and follow the instructions.
- Call OptumRx toll-free at 1-866-244-9113
- Mail your refill slip to OptumRx. Send in the refill slip that came with your previous order. Be sure to include your copay.
Home Delivery of Specialty Medications
Specialty drugs have unique uses and are generally prescribed for people with complex or ongoing medical conditions. Specialty drugs typically require special dosing, administration, and additional education and support from a healthcare professional.
Specialty drugs include:
- Medications that treat certain patient populations including those with rare diseases
- Medications that require close medical and pharmacy management and monitoring
- Medications that require special handling and/or storage
- Medications derived from biotechnology and/or blood-derived drugs or small molecules
- Medications that can be delivered via injection, infusion, inhalation, or oral administration
Mail order specialty drugs are only available through our specialty mail order pharmacy, Proprium Pharmacy, by calling 1-855-553-3568. Specialty drugs will be delivered to your home address from Proprium Pharmacy. If you have any questions, or need to find out if your drug is considered a specialty drug, please call Pharmacy member services at our toll-free number that is located on the back of your prescription ID card.