Make Changes To Your OptimaFit Plan
Have you had a change in circumstance and need to update your health insurance coverage, even when it’s not during Open Enrollment? Are you self-employed and want to know what other health insurance options are available to you? Do you need to cancel your current coverage? We can help.
Types of Plan Change
- Special Enrollment, qualifying life events
- Move from a marketplace plan to a non-marketplace plan
- Options for self-employed individuals
- Cancel your plan
Special Enrollment, Qualifying Events
Special Enrollment Period is a time outside of the annual Open Enrollment Period when an individual can enroll in a health insurance plan. An individual must experience a qualifying life event and provide proof of eligibility in order to qualify. Certain life events like getting married, having a baby, or losing other health coverage enable you to enroll outside the Open Enrollment Period.
Move From a Marketplace Plan To a Non-Marketplace Plan
Whether it’s during the annual open enrollment period or the result of a qualifying life event, and whether you purchased your insurance directly through the Marketplace or through us, you can now make changes to your plan, all you need to do is sign in to your account.
- If it is not Open Enrollment, you must make sure you are eligible to make a change to your insurance. If you are not sure about your eligibility or have any questions, please call your broker or you can call us at 1-844-206-3208.
- You must cancel your current plan before you can enroll in a new plan.
Options for Self-Employed Individuals
If you are self-employed and meet some basic criteria, you may be eligible to purchase a Small Group plan. Review the qualifications, browse plans, and request a quote for additional information.
Cancel Your Plan
We would hate to see you go, but if you have to leave us we want to make sure you’re prepared.