Frequently Asked Questions HEAL Program
Optima Health has partnered with Literacy for Life, through the College of William & Mary, to address low health literacy throughout Virginia. The HEAL Program offers health education classes, taught by certified Optima Health instructors. During these classes, you will engage in hands-on learning, exploring topics like:
- learning to compare nutrition facts on labels
- how to read and understand a prescription bottle
- when to use urgent care instead of the emergency room
- how to fill out medical forms
- how to describe symptoms to a doctor
- There are ten, 90-minute classes in a session. Classes meet the same day every week, except holidays.
- You must register for each class you attend. Attendance to all ten classes is not required.
- Registration is required. Visit optimamedicaid.com/events or call 1-833-261-2367 (TTY: 711) to register, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to register.
- Classes are held virtually - you can join from any smartphone or computer.
- The option to attend in person may vary by session.
- View the schedule