Temporary Provisions to Waive Cost Sharing for COVID-19 Testing and Related Visits Ending May 11, 2023
What Does This Mean for Me?
The temporary provisions to waive cost sharing for COVID-19 vaccines, testing, and related services ordered by a physician or other provider, and over the counter tests (8 per member per month) are ending May 11, 2023. Please note the following about your cost sharing for these services starting May 11, 2023:
COVID-19 over the counter (OTC) at-home test kits will continue to be covered as follows:
- with prescription: covered under your plan pharmacy benefits at the tier 1 cost share and will be limited to four tests per month unless medically necessary
- without a prescription: not covered
COVID-19 tests or related services during a physician visit:
- will have the applicable cost share depending on where you visit your physician
- in-network: covered as a preventive health service and will continue to be $0 for all plan types
- out-of-network: not covered under HMO plans
For more information and ongoing updates, visit optimahealth.com/covid-19. Please contact member services at the number listed on the back of your member ID card if you have additional questions.
A Message from the Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS)
MemberNEWS 2nd Issue July 2023
Important PHE Unwinding Update for D-SNP Members
MemberNEWS 1st Issue 2023