Facts About the Optima Health Plan
- Optima Health Vantage HMO is a regional offering available to Commonwealth of Virginia and The Local Choice1 employees.
- Open Access style means you do not need referrals to seek care from a specialist.
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits are conveniently packaged in one plan for one price.
- One of the lowest cost comprehensive plans available to you! Check out the COVA employee contributions.
- Great network of participating providers in the Optima Health Vantage network throughout Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. Even lower copayments at Tier 1 providers!
- You must live or work in the Greater Hampton Roads Region. Beginning 7/1/23 the geographies will include Northampton and Accomack counties on the Eastern Shore. Check our tool to see if you can join.
- Enroll during your annual election period or during a special enrollment period following a qualifying life event.
✔ Low copayments on doctor and specialist visits
Access care through a physician designated as Tier 1 for the COVA and TLC benefit program and pay as little as a $5 or $10 copayment per visit.
✔ Coverage for out-of-area dependent children
Out-of-area dependent children can also have coverage. Download the Out of Area Dependent Form
✔ Low deductibles
Annual medical deductibles of $150 for individual and $300 for family, and for most services the deductible may not apply.
✔ No referrals required
You are not required to select a primary care physician (PCP) and you do not need referrals for specialist care. Optima health encourages, but does not require a PCP relationship.
✔ Additional support for your health
Learn more about a variety of programs to help support your health.
✔ Disease management with financial incentives
Receive financial incentives when you enroll in disease management programs for asthma/COPD, diabetes, or hypertension.
✔ Access to top-quality providers
Optima Health Vantage network features more than 35,0001 top quality providers all across Virginia and northeastern North Carolina.
✔ Dedicated Member Services
A Virginia-based Member Services team just for you. Contact the team for any of your health plan questions.
The Local Choice employers must have selected Optima Health as an option.