Facts About the Optima Health Plan
- Optima Health Vantage HMO is a regional offering available to Commonwealth of Virginia and The Local Choice1 employees.
- Open Access style means you do not need referrals to seek care from a specialist.
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits are conveniently packaged in one plan for one price.
- One of the lowest cost comprehensive plans available to you! Check out the COVA employee contributions.
- Great network of participating providers in the Optima Health Vantage network throughout Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. Even lower copayments at Tier 1 providers!
- You must live or work in the Greater Hampton Roads. Check our tool to see if you can join1.
- Enroll during your annual election period or during a special enrollment period following a qualifying life event.
Low copayments on doctor and specialist visits
Access care through a physician designated as Tier 1 for the COVA and TLC benefit program and pay as little as a $5 or $10 copayment per visit.
Coverage for out-of-area dependent children
Out-of-area dependent children can also have coverage. Download the Out of Area Dependent Form
Annual medical deductibles of $150 for individual and $300 for family, and for most services the deductible may not apply.
No referrals required
You are not required to select a primary care physician (PCP) and you do not need referrals for specialist care. Optima health encourages, but does not require a PCP relationship.
Additional support for your health
Disease management with financial incentives
Receive financial incentives when you enroll in disease management programs for asthma/COPD, diabetes, or hypertension.
Access to top-quality providers
Optima Health Vantage network features more than 35,0001 top quality providers all across Virginia and northeastern North Carolina.
Dedicated Member Services
A Virginia-based Member Services team just for you. Contact the team for any of your health plan questions.
For any further questions, please contact your dedicated Member Services team.
1The Local Choice employers must have selected Optima Health as an option.