Appointments and Certifications
Optima Health is not accepting new appointment requests for Individual Product at this time.
Brokers that are not appointed to sell our Optima Fit Individual Product are not eligible for commissions.
Broker Appointment Policy: Please ensure all required documentation is complete, legible and signed. If any required information is missing, incomplete or illegible, your request will be rejected and you will be required to resubmit the application in its entirety.
Broker Appointment Changes: Email broker appointment changes to Appointment@sentara.com. The Broker Appointment Form should be used for new appointments only.
Broker Appointment Fee: There is a $50 fee for appointment. Agency and Agent requests submitted on the same submission will only be charged one appointment fee. If an appointment is terminated, requests to become reappointed will be required to submit using the online process and the appointment fee will be charged a second time.
Items below are required to complete the appointment application:
- Virginia Life and Health License (required)
- Agency License (if applicable)
- Optima Health Substitute W9 (SF-W9) Form
- Broker Agreement (includes Business Associate and QHP Amendments)
- Portal User Profile (access to OptimaHealth.com secure Broker Portal)
- If an agent elects to sell Medicare, they will be contacted by the Medicare Sales team for training. If training is not completed, agents will not be paid on any Medicare business.
- We require all new agents to work with a General Agency. If you do not have a preference and do not select a General Agency, one will be assigned to you. You can view this information below.
Approved General Agencies
Note: If you do not have a preference and do not select a General Agency, one will be assigned to you.
|Agency Name||Contact Name||Contact Email||Contact Phone|
|Blue Ridge Insurance Services||Steve Flora
|Employee Benefits Corporation of America (EBCA)||Pamela J Kerremail@example.com||(804) 290-1127
|First National Brokerage Corporation (FNBC)||Lindsey Watersfirstname.lastname@example.org||(804) 288-6263
|Glandon Insurance Agency
East of Hampton / West of Hampton
|Innovative Insurance Group||RJ Gibsonemail@example.com||(540) 777-0235|
|TFA Benefits||Michelle Conradfirstname.lastname@example.org||(757) 340-3873|