Attention Medicare Providers: Action Needed to Avoid Claims Submission Denials
Optima Health discovered an error with Medicare ID cards distributed to members for 2023.
Here is What You Need to Know:
- An extra *01 is visible in the member number listed on Medicare member ID cards.
- For example, a Medicare member ID number that should be 999999999*01 was misprinted as 999999999*01*01.
- If providers include the duplicate *01 when submitting Medicare claims in CSC, the claims are rejected.
- Providers should omit the duplicate *01 when submitting claims to avoid rejected claims.
- We are working to get corrected cards mailed to Medicare members.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.