Optima Health Response to COVID-19
Optima Health is committed to partnering with you during these unprecedented times as the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve across Virginia and the United States.
We have made several policy changes in response to COVID-19 to allow for safer care for your patients through June 7, 2020. These updates have been added to our robust list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that we released on March 20th. Changes include but are not limited to:
- Starting March 18, 2020 we will waive member responsibility for all office, urgent care and emergency room visit claims where a COVID-19 test was performed
- We will waive member responsibility for all COVID-19 related treatments (not just testing) for fully insured, Medicaid and Medicare, and as desired by the account, for self-funded commercial business
- Expanded telehealth coverage, including telephone-only visits
- Coverage of the cost of any COVID-19 vaccine that is approved by the Food and Drug Administration, when it becomes available
- Expanded list of acceptable codes for billing
- Waiving requirements, such as prior-authorizations for durable medical equipment
Additionally, we have continued to update our member FAQs and broker FAQs to help address their prevention and coverage questions. Please contact your Optima Health representative with any other questions you may have as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.
Learn more about how Optima Health is helping our members and partners at optimahealth.com/coronavirus.
As always, we thank you for partnering with Optima Health.