Close Quality Gaps in Care
Optima Health recently implemented a campaign to close quality gaps in care. We improve health every day by making it easy for our members, your patients, to get the care they need when they need it.
We are calling members who may have care gaps that can be closed if they are seen in your office by December 31, 2021.
We are encouraging our members to make an appointment with your office. Please make every effort to accommodate these important appointment requests on or before December 31 to achieve optimal outcomes.
Here Is What You Can Do:
1. Visit our value-based care website for tips on closing care gaps for the following measures:
- Child and Adolescent Well-Care Visits (WCV)
- Childhood Immunization Status (CIS)
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care (CDC)
- Follow-Up after Emergency Department Visit for Alcohol And Other Drug Abuse Or Dependence (FUA)
- Follow-up after Emergency Department Visit for Mental Illness (FUM)
- Initiation and Engagement of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse or Dependence Treatment (IET)
- Prenatal and Postpartum Care (PPC)
2. Refer Optima Health members who reside in Hampton Roads and have Diabetic Eye Gaps to Integrated EyeCare Group (IEG) for mobile and in-office visits:
- In-office visits OR monthly drive-through events
- Contact: 757-502-7603 (PHONE), 757-226-8013 (FAX), email@example.com (EMAIL) or www.integratedeyecaregroup.com
- Location: Virginia Eye Consultants, 241 Corporate Blvd, Norfolk, VA 23502
- Dates: November 17, 2021: 4 to 5:30 p.m. | December 16, 2021: 4 to 5:30 p.m.
3. Share this resource with your clinical care teams:
NOTE: Reviewing, faxing and/or mailing medical records as part of the annual HEDIS process takes time and effort. Optima Health is committed to optimizing this process whenever possible and would like to remind you that granting limited, secure EMR access to our quality staff can help alleviate these burdens by allowing us to directly retrieve relevant HEDIS medical record information. For more information about this process and the benefits associated with it, please contact us at: Optima_Quality@sentara.com with the subject line “EMR Access Request” and we will outreach to you with more information