Improving Quality of Care (HEDIS® and CAHPS®)
As physicians, you can help improve the quality of care by:
- Encouraging your patients to schedule preventive exams
- Reminding your patients to follow-up with ordered tests and procedures
- Making sure necessary services are being performed in a timely manner
- Submitting claims with proper HEDIS1 codes
- Accurately document all services and results (if appropriate) in the patient’s medical chart
CAHPS2 surveys ask consumers and patients to report on and evaluate their health care experiences. Surveys cover topics important to consumers and focus on those aspects of quality that consumers are best qualified to assess.
We need to work together to improve and maintain a higher quality of care. When our members are healthy, everyone benefits!
HEDIS and CAHPS Results
For additional information on HEDIS Measures, or the Medical Record Review Process, please contact the Quality Improvement Department at 757-252-8400 or 844-620-1015.
A quick and easy reference containing the most current information, measure descriptions, and tips to help improve rates of compliance.
1 HEDIS® is registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
2 CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).