Improving Quality of Care (HEDIS® and CAHPS®)
As physicians, you can help improve the quality of care by:
- Encouraging your patients to schedule preventive exams
- Reminding your patients to follow-up with ordered tests and procedures
- Making sure necessary services are being performed in a timely manner
- Submitting claims with proper HEDIS®1 codes
- Accurately document all services and results (if appropriate) in the patient’s medical chart
CAHPS®2 surveys ask consumers and patients to report on and evaluate their
We need to work together to improve and maintain a higher quality of care. When our members are healthy, everyone benefits!
HEDIS® and CAHPS® Results
For additional information on HEDIS® Measures, or the Medical Record Review Process, please contact the Quality Improvement Department at 757-252-8400 or 866-425-5257.
A quick and easy reference containing the most current information, measure descriptions, and tips to help improve rates of compliance.
Individual HEDIS® Measures Sheets
1 HEDIS® is registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
2 CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).