Looking for a Medicare Advantage Plan?
Explore Optima Medicare HMO 2018 Plans
A Medicare Advantage plan may be right for you if you want medical and prescription drug coverage in the convenience of one plan. With added benefits, such as dental, vision, hearing, and transportation to medical appointments, you’ll get more coverage than Original Medicare alone. Optima Medicare members also enjoy fitness and wellness programs, including a $200 gym reimbursement for fees/classes.
Staying Healthy Takes a Team Effort
Your Optima Medicare HMO personal care team is ready to help you live a healthy and active life. You’ll have a number of resources available to you as a member.
- Our member services team is ready to assist with your questions about your plan benefits.
- Case managers are available for the times when you need help the most. A case manager can help you manage complicated medical situations and are there for you and your family to find the services and facilities you need to achieve your healthcare goals.
- Take advantage of wellness programs and you’ll have a wealth of resources at your fingertips for managing your health.
With Optima Medicare by your side, you can rest assured that we’ll help you get the care you need.
Low Premium Amounts for 2018 Plans
Depending on your coverage needs, you can choose from a $0 premium plan or a low premium plan. Optima Medicare plans offer a $0 copay for primary care doctor visits and a $0 copay for many generic prescription drugs. Affordable rates and a limit on out-of-pocket costs make it easier to budget for your
Premiums may change on January 1 of each year. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium.
As a member of Optima Medicare, you gain access to a network of providers that you can rely on for your healthcare needs today and tomorrow. Sentara Healthcare, Sentara Medical Group, and EVMS Medical Group provide high-quality, comprehensive care to their patients. With a focus on preventive care, Optima Medicare network providers work with members to achieve better health outcomes and help prevent future problems.
Original Medicare doesn’t cover everything. Optima Medicare plans provide all of the same benefits that traditional Medicare covers — and more.
Here are just a few of the additional benefits offered with 2018 Optima Medicare plans:
- Dental Services: Keep your pearly whites in good health with preventive dental coverage.
- Vision Services: Along with coverage for eye exams, you can also receive an allowance towards routine eyewear and /or contact lenses.
- Hearing Services: Get the hearing care you need with supplemental benefits.
- Transportation Services: Have trouble driving? Coverage includes rides to medical appointments.
- Fitness Programs: Optima Medicare supports your activity and will reimburse up to $200 per year for gym membership fees or fitness class expenses.
- Wellness Programs: Get started, stay motivated, and exceed your health improvement goals with programs in health education, nutritional/dietary benefits, smoking/tobacco cessation counseling, or weight management tips.
Want to see more details? View plans in your area for coverage starting in 2018.
You can only enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan at certain times. The Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) takes place each year from October 15 through December 7. During this time, you can enroll in an Optima Medicare plan. Coverage for enrollment changes takes effect January 1.
Are you new to Medicare? If you are turning age 65, you have a seven month initial enrollment period to enroll. This includes the three months before your birth month, the month you turn 65, and the three months after your birth month.
Over 65 and retiring? Just moved to the area? Other special circumstances? You can only enroll in an Optima Medicare plan outside of the annual enrollment period for specific reasons. Contact an Optima Medicare Advisor for more information.
When it comes to enrolling in Medicare, there are important deadlines to meet. Contact us today!
For more information, fill out a contact form or call toll-free 1-855-434-3267 (TTY 1-800-828-1140 or 711) to speak with an Optima Medicare Advisor.
Last Updated: 1/18/2018