Optima Health Medicaid XP Eligibility
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible if:
- You are a Virginia resident, age 19 to 64
- You are enrolled in a low cost individual health insurance plan on the federal exchange, or
- You meet the income requirements
You may be eligible under Medicaid expansion in Virginia if you make less than:
Family Size*1 Yearly*2 Monthly*2 (1) $17,609 $1,469 (2) $23,792 $1,983 (3) $29,974 $2,499 (4) $36,156 $3,014 (5) $42,339 $3,529 (6) $48,521 $4,044 (7) $54,704 $4,560 (8) $60,886 $5,074 Additional persons $6,183 $516
*1: Income requirements vary by household size. Up to 138% of the Federal Poverty Level, including 5% Federal Poverty Disregard.
*2: 2020 Income Guidelines as of January 17, 2020.
Childless Adult Parent (family of 3) Person with Disability Before 2019: Not Eligible Eligible with annual income at or below $7,068 Eligible with annual income at or below $9,992 In 2020: Eligible with annual income at or below $17,609 Eligible with annual income at or below $29,974 Eligible with annual income at or below $17,609
What plans are available?
Depending on your needs, you could be assigned to Optima Health under one of the following Medicaid plans:
Optima Family Care
Optima Family Care is here for you and your family, with a variety of added benefits that can help keep you healthy and well.
Make the most of your Medicaid coverage by taking advantage of our quality network of doctors and specialists as an Optima Health member.
Optima Health Community Care
Optima Health Community Care is a Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus (CCC Plus) Medicaid plan for many older people and those with disabilities.
Members benefit from an individualized, fully-integrated program with a statewide network of providers. We provide a care team just for you with dependable community support.
How can I choose Optima Health?
When you apply using one of the methods listed below, state that you wish to choose Optima Health as your plan provider.
- Call Cover Virginia toll-free at 1-855-242-8282 (TDD: 1-888-221-1590) to apply on the phone Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Saturday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Apply online at www.commonhelp.virginia.gov
- Complete an online application at the Health Insurance Marketplace: www.healthcare.gov
- Mail or drop off an application to your local Department of Social Services. Find your nearest local Department of Social Services by visiting www.dss.virginia.gov/localagency
- Call the Virginia Department of Social Services toll-free at 1-855-635-4370
When you receive your assignment letter from the Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS), you may not be assigned to an Optima Health plan. You have the right to choose us as your Medicaid plan provider within 90 days of being assigned.