Switching to Optima Health
You have the right to choose the health plan you want for your Virginia Medicaid coverage. It is easy to change to Optima Health.
When to Change Medicaid Health Plans
- Newly Enrolled – During your first 90 days of enrollment
- Currently Covered
- Once a year during open enrollment for your region and plan type
- “Good cause" request at any time
How to Change Medicaid Health Plans
Medallion 4.0 Plans
- Call the Virginia Managed Care Helpline toll-free at 1-800-643-2273 (TTY: 1-800-817-6608) Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (except holidays)
- Virginia Managed Care website
Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus Plans
- Call the CCC Plus Helpline toll-free at 1-844-374-9159 (TTY: 1-800-817-6608) Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (except holidays)
- CCC Plus website
- Date of birth
- Medicaid ID or social security number
If you have questions or need help, talk with a customer service representative about Optima Health Medicaid plans by calling toll-free 1-800-881-2166 (TTY: 711) Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you are new to Medicaid, you can apply to enroll anytime of the year. You may apply on the Common Help website for health insurance and the other benefits you may be eligible to receive.