Making a Difference
Optima Health has been serving the Medicaid community in Virginia for more than two decades, and we want to make sure you get the most out of your health insurance benefits. That’s why we offer:
- Access to high-quality health care through a large network of primary and specialty care providers
- Care coordination from a dedicated Member Services team
- A personalized customer service experience, with local representatives throughout the state of Virginia
- Added benefits just for Optima Family Care members, like GED vouchers and free classes to help you improve your health
- A commitment to improving the lives of the members and communities we serve
If you think you qualify for Optima Family Care and want to enroll, or want to switch from another plan to Optima Health, there are five ways to apply:
- Call Cover Virginia
Call 1-855-242-8282 to apply by phone Mon - Fri: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Sat: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Virginia CommonHelp
Apply online at www.commonhelp.virginia.gov
- The Health Insurance Marketplace
Complete an online application at www.healthcare.gov
- By Mail
- In Person
Visit your local Department of Social Services in the city or county where you live
Not sure if you qualify? Learn more about eligibility requirements for Optima Health.
*1: Additional forms or applications may be required.
You can Apply for Medicaid any Time
If you are new to Medicaid, you can apply to enroll in Optima Family Care any time of the year. If you qualify, your benefits will start the first day of the month that you apply and enroll.