Not an Optima Health Family Care Member Yet?
Virginia Medicaid offers low and no cost health insurance programs for children, pregnant women, and adults who qualify. To find out if you qualify for a Virginia Medicaid program, visit coverva.org.
Choosing Optima Family Care is Easy
Family Care, a Medicaid Managed Care Organization (MCO) Product, is committed to providing courteous, professional, and quality care to you and members of your family. Family Care is part of Sentara Healthcare, a regional not-for-profit healthcare system. As a member of Family Care, you and your family doctor, also called a Primary Care Physician (PCP), work together to keep you healthy and care for you health problems.
For 15 consecutive years, Optima Health has received National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) accreditation for its Medicaid HMO product, Optima Family Care.1
To enroll, call the Virginia Managed Care Helpline toll-free at 1-800-643-2273
To learn more, call Optima Health Customer Service toll-free at 1-800-881-2166
Cover Virginia, call toll-free at 1-866-873-2647
Health Care Your Family Deserves - The Quality You Want
- Your choice of a family doctor from our network
- Access to quality specialists
- Checkups, physicals, and vision exams
- Well-baby checkups
- Free prescriptions
- Many free, doctor-prescribed, over-the-counter medications
- Adult glasses and contact lens discounts
- Home health care and rehabilitation therapy
Services from a Caring Team
- 24 hour Nurse Advice Line medical guidance by phone -- nights, weekends and holidays
- Member representatives will visit your home and explain your plan benefits
- Transportation to medical services when approved in advance
- Dedicated Member Service Representatives by phone if you have questions
- A member ID card for each enrolled family member and member newsletter
Optima Health cares about your community. That is why Optima Family Care takes part in several hundred neighborhood events each year including health fairs, free health screenings, and many charitable programs.
Find a Doctor or Drug
- Find a Medical Doctor, Behavioral Health Provider, Healthcare Service or Facility online
- Download the Optima Family Care Provider Directory
- Find a Drug
FAMIS (Family Access to Medical Insurance Security)
Optima Health offers a Medicaid HMO product (Family Care) and a health plan for children of working parents through FAMIS.
- Virginia's program that helps working families provide health insurance for their children
- Visit Cover Virginia or call 1-855-242-8282 for more information.
- View and print application
Health and Wellness Programs
MyLife MyPlan offers creative health solutions, designed by clinical experts, to help members get started, stay motivated, and exceed their health improvement goals.
1 NCQA Accreditation Letter, August 2014