Health and Wellness
Good health is good business. Healthy employees are vital to a successful business.
As part of an integrated health system, Optima Health truly believes in improving health every day. That’s why all of our health plans include MyLife MyPlan — a flexible health improvement program that helps members adopt healthy habits, reduce health risks, and lower healthcare costs.
Powered by WebMD®
WebMD® Health Services powers this resource with a Personal Health Assessment and a comprehensive online activities tool, Daily Habits, to provide a personalized, interactive, and motivational experience to help members take action and sustain healthy habits.
A variety of educational programs and on-site screenings are available to help employees manage their health (with a minimum of 20 participating employees).
Optima Health provides extra discounts and savings for products and services to help you get—and stay—healthy. We want to help you get the most out of your health plan benefits to improve your health.
- Complementary Alternative Treatments — Our members get discounts on acupuncture, chiropractic care, massage therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy and podiatry.
- Hearing and Vision Extras — Reduced pricing for hearing care services, including functional testing, hearing aid evaluation, fitting, programming, training and up to 50% discount (from manufacturer’s suggested retail) for a hearing aid. Savings on routine eye exams, lenses and frames, contact lenses and laser vision surgery.
- Worksite Programs — Optima Health provides insured groups a variety of educational programs to help employees manage their health (with a minimum of 20 employees).
- Health Risks Programs educate employees about health risks and how to prevent disease, with topics such as high blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Physical Activity and Movement Programs focus on the importance an active lifestyle with guidance on making exercise a lifestyle choice and walking your way to better health.
- Gym Network 360 — Optima Health members have access to premier fitness, weight loss, and wellness brands at discounted pricing with Gym Network 360 from GlobalFit. Members must sign in to access the shopping platform to browse for services and activate your discount.
- Tobacco Cessation Awareness Program — Tips on how to help someone quit using tobacco products. Participants learn about nicotine addiction and effective ways to control dependency.
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating Programs teach about reading and understanding food labels, and how to make the best food choices for good health.
Self-Paced Staying Health Programs
Improving your health has never been easier with the help of our award-winning collection of nutrition, fitness, tobacco cessation, healthy habits, and screening programs included with all Optima Health plans.
- Staying Healthy is an award-winning collection of nutrition, fitness, tobacco cessation, healthy habits, and screening programs to help employees improve their health on their own schedule.
- Eating for Life is an award-winning educational program that helps participants develop healthy eating and exercise habits.
- Get Off Your Butt: Stay Smokeless for Life is an educational program offering support for anyone who want to quit smoking.
- Guided Meditation is a program that invites listeners to experience a calm, peaceful retreat from everyday stress.
- Healthy Habits Healthy You is a program that offers helpful ways to prevent diabetes and heart disease through making healthy food choices, managing body weight, exercising, and finding ways to relax and get more sleep.
We offer various programs to help you get moving and achieve better health.
- Tai Chi helps your body to mentally and physically relax. The movements enhance your blood flow, release muscle tension, and improve your balance.
- The MoveAbout program provided by Optima Health is designed to assist you in your journey to become more active and stay healthy.
- Yoga programs include stretching and strengthening exercises to help improve flexibility, strength, and cardiovascular health. Chair Yoga is also available.