College Application Assistance
Optima Health cares about your education. That is why our Medicaid added benefits help cover the cost of your application. You send us your receipt, and we will send you a gift card up to $75 to pay you back. Vocational schools and apprenticeship programs are also included.
How it Works
What does the program cover?
- One application to a two- or four-year college, vocational school, or apprenticeship program
- Up to $75 of the single application fee
- Only one application within a 12-month period per member
Who is eligible?
- Must be an Optima Family Care or Optima Health Community Care member at the time of application payment
- Must have a high school diploma or GED diploma
Who covers the cost of the application fee?
The member would pay the cost to apply, and then submit proof of payment for reimbursement.
What is proof of payment?
- A copy or picture of the printed or electronic receipt
- Receipt should show the applicant’s name, date of payment, confirmation/receipt number, and the name of the college, vocational school, or apprenticeship program
- Payment must be dated within the last 12 months
How do I submit proof of payment?
Request the college application fee reimbursement form by calling the Outreach and Education Department at 1-833-261-2367 (TTY: 711) Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Submit the completed form and proof of payment to Optima Health. Options:
Optima Health, Member Outreach
824 N. Military Hwy, Suite 200
Norfolk, VA 23502
What happens after I submit my proof of payment?
Once we receive and verify your proof of payment, we will email you how to claim your gift card reward. If you choose an e-gift card, it will be emailed to you right way. It takes three to five workdays to mail you a regular gift card.
What type of gift card will I receive?
You can choose an electronic or regular gift card from hundreds of top brands. You can select more than one gift card, as long as the total for all cards equals the amount of the payment receipt submitted. Gift cards cannot be used to purchase tobacco or alcohol.
Can I choose a cash reward?
No, sorry. Cash reimbursement is not an option.
Contact the Optima Health Outreach and Education Department.
Call: 1-833-261-2367 (TTY: 711) Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.