Health Education and Literacy Program - Online
Tuesday, 10 May 2022
4:00 PM to 5:30 PM
Tags: Members, Education, Medicaid, Medicare, Optima Family Care, Optima Health Community Care
Optima Health is partnering with Literacy for Life to offer The Health Education and Literacy (HEAL) Program!
The HEAL Program provides health education classes. Certified Optima Health instructors provide hands-on learning about healthcare topics like:
- Learning to compare nutrition facts on labels
- How to read and understand a prescription bottle and over-the-counter medicine
- When to use urgent care or the emergency room
- How to fill out medical and medical history forms
- How to talk to your doctor, and more!
There are eight classes in a series. Attendance to all eight classes is not required, but strongly encouraged. Classes meet every Tuesday.
Questions? Call the Member Education and Outreach Department toll-free at 1-833-261-2367 (TTY: 711). We look forward to your attendance!