Health Education and Literacy Program - Online
Tuesday, 9 August 2022
1:00 PM to 2:30 PM
Tags: Members, Education, Medicaid, Medicare, Optima Family Care, Optima Health Community Care, The HEAL Program®
Optima Health is partnering with Literacy for Life to offer The Health Education and Literacy (HEAL) Program!
The HEAL Program provides health education classes. Certified Optima Health instructors provide hands-on learning about healthcare topics like:
- Learning to compare nutrition facts on labels
- How to read and understand a prescription bottle and over-the-counter medicine
- When to use urgent care or the emergency room
- How to fill out medical and medical history forms
- How to talk to your doctor, and more!
There are eight classes in a series. Attendance to all eight classes is not required, but strongly encouraged. Classes meet every Tuesday.
Questions? Call the Member Education and Outreach Department toll-free at 1-833-261-2367 (TTY: 711). We look forward to your attendance!