Health Education and Literacy
Monday, 18 November 2019
6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
Lambert's Point Community Center
1251 W. 42nd Street,
Norfolk, Virginia 23508.
Tags: Members, Medicaid, Optima Family Care, Optima Health Community Care
Optima Health is partnering with Literacy for Life to offer The Health Education And Literacy (HEAL) Program!
The HEAL program provides free health education classes. Certified Optima Health instructors provide hands-on learning about healthcare topics like:
- Learning to compare nutrition facts on labels
- How to read and understand a prescription bottle and over-the-counter medicine
- When to use urgent care or the emergency room
- How to fill out medical and medical history forms
- How to talk to your doctor
- And more!
There are eight classes in a series. Attendance to all eight classes is not required, but strongly encouraged. Classes meet every Monday.
Registration is preferred as class size is limited. Call 1-888-706-6708 to sign up.