Health Education and Literacy
Monday, 10 February 2020
1:00 PM to 2:30 PM
Rescue Mission of Roanoke
402 4th Street SE,
Roanoke, Virginia 24013.
Tags: Members, Individual and Family Plans, Medicaid, Medicare, Optima Family Care, Optima Health Community Care
Optima Health is partnering with Literacy for Life to offer The Health Education And Literacy Program!
The HEAL program provides free health education classes. Certified Optima Health instructors provide hands-on learning about healthcare topics like:
- Learning to compare nutrition facts on labels
- How to read and understand a prescription bottle and over-the-counter medicine
- When to use urgent care or the emergency room
- How to fill out medical and medical history forms
- How to talk to your doctor
- And more!
There are eight classes in a series. Attendance to all eight classes is not required, but strongly encouraged. Classes meet every Monday.
Registration is preferred as class size is limited. Call 1-866-706-6708 to sign up or email firstname.lastname@example.org.