Pharmacy Benefit Changes During COVID-19
As part of our ongoing commitment to members as we navigate through the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we are making it easier for members to obtain their needed prescriptions.
Optima Health is implementing pharmacy benefits changes to help make sure members have access to their necessary prescription medications while limiting the possibility of COVID-19 exposure.
Optima Health has made the following changes to make sure members have an appropriate amount of medication on-hand:
- We will allow for early refills, if needed. If members need extra medication, they can talk to their pharmacy about filling their prescription early. Members will be responsible for their standard cost share.
- For the safety of our members, members or their pharmacy will need to call for an override to refill an opioid prescription early.
Optima Health allows members to fill 90-day supplies of medication at most retail pharmacies and by mail order.
- We have implemented a one-time 90-day fill of specialty medications. Members will be responsible for their standard cost share.
- We encourage the use of 90-day supplies for medications members take regularly.
- If members don’t have a prescription for a 90-day supply, they can talk to their physician to see if a 90-day supply would work for them.
Home Delivery Option
Our mail order pharmacy can deliver a 90-day supply of medications to members’ homes. Visit optimahealth.com/members/manage-plans/prescription-home-delivery for more information on how to sign up for home delivery.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov. You may also visit optimahealth.com/coronavirus for more information and additional updates.
Thank you for choosing Optima Health.
Your Optima Health Team