Optima Health is Here for You
Optima Health remains committed to monitoring the impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), providing you with important updates, and helping members get the care they need virtually.
The Optima Health Mobile App
In addition to registering online at optimahealth.com, we encourage members to download the Optima Health mobile app on the App Store® or Google PlayTM to:
- view their digital member ID card
- launch virtual visits
- check claims and benefits
- access important insurance documents
- learn about preventive health programs
- sign up to receive documents electronically
Sentara Healthcare Virtual Visits
Virtual visits allow members to securely connect with a Sentara Medical Group provider. Members can follow these steps to set up their account:
- Download the Sentara mobile app on the App Store® or Google Play™.
- Create an account or sign in using their Sentara MyChart or Sentara account credentials.
- Before their visit, members must sign in to the app, check-in to their virtual appointment, and then connect with the provider.
Please note that due to COVID-19, members may experience longer than usual wait times. Members can schedule visits by calling their provider office or viewing the Sentara Virtual Visits page.
MDLIVE® Virtual Care Visits
MDLIVE is available 24/7/365, including holidays. Doctors are able to diagnose, treat, and prescribe medication. Members can access MDLIVE by following these simple steps:
- Pre-register before care is needed. After registering on optimahealth.com, members must sign in to MDLIVE Virtual Visits to activate their account by following the guided steps under Account Details.
- Choose a board-certified doctor from the nation’s largest virtual provider network. Members can see the next doctor on call or schedule an appointment with their preferred provider.
- See the doctor and complete their virtual visit.
Due to COVID-19, members may experience longer than usual wait times. Members can request to see a doctor right away or schedule an appointment through the MDLIVE patient portal. If there are any issues accessing MDLIVE, members can call 1-866-648-3638.
Contact Optima Health
To help keep our members safe and prevent the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus, walk-in services for members at our corporate office on Corporation Lane in Virginia Beach are temporarily suspended. If they have any questions or concerns, they can use the resources below:
- Call Member Services at the number listed on the back of their member ID Card Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Call the dedicated Sentara COVID-19 call center at 1-833-945-2395 seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. for questions about signs and symptoms based on current CDC guidelines.
- Call the After Hours Nurse Line at 757-552-7250 or 1-800-394-2237 for care coordination or nurse advice after hours.
Members may be able to change from a 30-day supply to a 90-day supply for any prescription drugs they regularly take. If members don’t have a prescription for a 90-day supply, they can talk to their physician to see if a 90-day supply would work for them.
Drive–Thru Screenings and Testing
Sentara Healthcare is offering drive-thru screening and testing at select locations. They are open on a day-by-day basis as supplies allow. Please visit Sentara Healthcare social media channels and sentaraupdates.com for daily updates.
Thank you for choosing Optima Health.
Your Optima Health Team