Mental Health Support Tools
During this stressful time, it’s normal to feel worried, frustrated or isolated. We care about your well-being. Here are some tips and resources to help you support yourself and others.
Take Care of Your Mind:
- Take deep breaths and stretch. Try our yoga and meditation resources.
- Clear your head and step away from the news and social media.
- Talk to a counselor through Optima Employee Assistance Program. This benefit also includes online personal and professional development resources and is available to members on employer-based plans.
- Try to do some other activities you enjoy. Read a book, watch your favorite TV show, or catch up on a podcast.
Take Care of Your Body:
- Make regular exercise part of your routine with our MoveAbout program.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals with our Eating for Life program.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs.
Connect with and Support Others:
Talk with loved ones via phone, video chat, or social media.
- Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations, so be kind and empathetic.
- Listen without judgement, reassure them, and connect them with trusted resources.
- Help them refocus on things they can control and problem-solve.
- Stay in touch. Offer to call or text once a day to check in or offer encouragement.
Get the Facts:
- Find resources you can depend on for up-to-date and accurate health information.
- Check with your local health department or federal agencies like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Keep Things in Perspective:
Remind yourself that everyone reacts differently to stressful situations. Be kind to yourself and others.