Small Group Annual Open Enrollment Period
Do you have Small Group business (1-50 employees) effective January 1, 2021, currently with Optima Health or interested in moving to an Optima Health plan?
Don’t forget: the law allows for the annual “special” Open Enrollment Period for groups effective January 1st. This is available to fully insured small groups so they may avoid participation and employer contribution minimum limits for the January 1 effective date.
As you help clients choose the right carrier and plan, keep in mind:
- offer applies to both new and renewing employer groups
- ACA-regulated plans for employers in the Small Group market
- an annual one-month “special” Open Enrollment Period
- runs November 15 – December 15
- effective date of coverage is January 1
- no employee minimum participation or employer minimum contribution requirements1
- group must still have at least two employees with one enrolling
- all other business rules apply
IMPORTANT: To take advantage of the special Open Enrollment Period, Optima Health must receive all paperwork no earlier than November 15, 2020 and no later than December 15, 2020.
1 Optima Health does not have a minimum employer contribution limit for Small Group.