Member COVID-19 Coverage Extended to March 31
We previously announced that Optima Health would waive cost-shares for the services listed below through February 28, 2021. This coverage has now been extended through March 31, 2021 (optional for self-funded employers).
- all telehealth visits, including telephone only, with any in-network care provider
- any necessary in-network or emergent out-of-network treatment of COVID-19
As a reminder, diagnostic testing coverage will remain available consistent within the terms set in each group’s health plan. Throughout the duration of the public health emergency, Optima Health will waive all covered out-of-pocket member costs associated with COVID-19 diagnostic testing, as deemed appropriate by the ordering provider. Testing required for employment and other excluded services remain not covered.
Optima Health is currently following phased protocols for vaccine distribution. For more information about the vaccination phases and to see when you can get it based on your location, age, and health condition, visit vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine.
Vaccines are not currently being offered by private sources. To that end, we are warning members to be wary of potential vaccine scams such as:
- fake vaccines being offered for online purchase
- phishing emails that prompt members to click unsafe links and complete online forms to receive the vaccine
- text messages requiring members to take an online COVID-19 test
- calls from unknown sources offering the vaccine over the phone
To stay safe from vaccine scams, do not purchase an online vaccine or treatment. Also avoid providing personal information such as your address, social security number, date of birth, and medical data to potential scammers.
To learn more information, please visit optimahealth.com/covid-19/vaccine-information. If you have additional questions, please contact your Optima Health representative.
How We are Helping with the Coronavirus
We are actively working to help our members and partners deal with the current pandemic.See what we are doing to help