American Rescue Plan Act - Individual & Family Subsidy Changes
The American Rescue Plan Act, signed into law on March 11, 2021, provides additional aid to individuals and their families for health insurance coverage.
Effective April 1, 2021:
- existing subsidy amounts will increase for all income levels
- premium contribution will be capped at no more than 8.5% of household income (was 9.8%)
- households making above 400% of the federal poverty level will now be eligible for tax credits
- taxpayers will not be required to pay the IRS back for any excess tax credit amounts for 2020 tax year
- COBRA premiums for individuals who are/were involuntarily terminated or have reduced hours will be paid 100% from April 1–September 30, 2021
In addition, the Special Enrollment Period by Executive Order has been extended from May 15 to August 15, 2021.
We’re also extending our Broker Bonus for Individual & Family Plan members until August 15.
If you’re interested in being appointed to sell on the Marketplace, visit cms.gov.
Please contact your Optima Health representative if you have any questions.