Optima Equity combines a Health Savings Account (HSA) with an IRS-qualified high-deductible health plan.
Lower monthly premiums give members the opportunity to build their health savings account with the money they save. The fund belongs to the employee – it rolls over from year to year, growing tax-free, and travels with them should they switch employers.*
By integrating health plan and funding account, we’ve designed Optima Equity to deliver a seamless member experience. For employers, Optima Equity offers a way to provide their employees with a quality health plan that’s uniquely affordable.
The Advantages Of Optima Equity
- Lower premiums of the high-deductible health plan may help fund the employee's health savings account (HSA)
- Preventive care, including routine check-ups, well baby care, preventive screenings, and more, are covered before the deductible (a small copay for office visits may apply)
- HSA contributions that are not spent are allowed to grow tax-free
- HSA funds roll over from year to year - no "use it or lose it"
- Encourages employees to spend their health care dollars carefully
- Enables businesses to better manage health care costs